Tuesday 20 December 2011

Review: Fashionista Double Take Baked Eyeshadows and Palette

Recently, whilst browsing the Superdrug website (whilst avoiding my everlasting list of uni work, no doubt) I came across the brand Fashionista, a name which I had not previously heard of. Marvelled by the pretty, swirly baked eyeshadows I made a mental note that this was something I must investigate further the next time I was in Superdrug. However this was not so easy, after searching high and low through both of the Superdrug stores in my university city and then again around the shop in my hometown, I was unable to find any Fashionista products. I had almost given up on the idea entirely when I came across the Fashionista stand in the Bullring Superdrug on a spontaneous shopping trip to Birmingham.

Again, it was the baked eyeshadows that stood out to me most; however I was intrigued by the Saturday’s magnetic nail varnish range. If anybody has reviewed these, please link me to your post in a comment! The eyeshadows cost £4 each and were on a buy one get one free offer so I purchased four along with one of the £5 Fashionista quad palettes. The palettes hold any of the Fashionista eyeshadows or blushes so you can mix and match products and are available in red or black. They also contain a really good sized mirror so I will definitely be keeping mine in my bag. 

The eyeshadows themselves are of really good quality with a nice amount of shimmer to them. They apply really well with either a brush or finger and blend nicely with each other. The colours I bought were:

Clockwise (from top left) : Cosmic, Bella, Bewitched, Goldrush.
Cosmic- a dark grey colour with pink flecks and silver shimmer. Good for creating a smoky eye with a bit of a festive twist. Compliments all the other colours in the palette.

Bella- a lovely barely-there cream colour with gold flecks and lots of shimmer. Looks really nice applied to the inner corners of the eye and the brow bone as a highlighter.

Bewitched- a multitude of purple tones and silver shimmer. Perfect for a night out or lining the bottom lashes for a pop of colour during the day.

Goldrush- a beautiful chocolate brown with gold shimmer running through it. This colour really compliments blue eyes well but it would look lovely with any eye colour.


Overall, I think these eyeshadows are definitely a worthwhile investment. Although they may seem a little pricey in comparison to their Sleek palette neighbours, the quality definitely makes up for it and having the ability to customise the palette to suit you means you won’t end up with any colours you don’t use.

So far, I’m definitely a fan of Fashionista and can’t wait to try out some of their other products, starting with a blush compact! Have you tried out any of the Fashionista products? What are your thoughts?

Emma xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the great review, I will definitely have a look at them. I'm sure they look gorgeous on you, they are great colours! Enjoy! XxxX http://thesecondhandrose.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete